' the He-Ka-Wi

April 15, 2005

Operation: Driver Down

I had planned to take another turn-around trip to Vegas. It seems that I am needing to take these drives more often these days. I use the drive to clear my head. I can't seem to do that sitting in front of the TV at home.

But I had gotten some good news from my sister and I was getting ready to cancel the trip when I got a call from the hankster in Vegas.

Hank: "Hey Angel guess where I'm at?"
me: "uh... Vegas?"
Hank: "well yeah, but guess where in Vegas."
me: "I give up."
Hank: "in the hospital emergency room..."

The Story:
The hankster took the family to Vegas for their spring break. In one of his favorite buffets, he and a 64 year old Chinese woman were reaching for the same wonton. Neither one was going to yield and that's when the woman took him out with her cane.
If he had gotten medical attention right away his knee would not have swollen to the point where he was unable to drive, but he waited for the next tray of wontons to be brought in before he even told Berda what happened.

After receiving the call for help, Operation: Driver Down mobilized.

Derrick: "We're not going for fun. We're helping!"
James: "I don't want to go but someone has to help Angel stay awake on the drive back."
Angel: "How else will Hank and the family get back home? Berda can't drive that TRUCK."

On the way to Vegas, how many of you try to pronounce the name of this road, either out loud or mentally?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
:: posted by Angel, 2:33 PM

0 Love sent:

Send Love