' the He-Ka-Wi

April 08, 2005

Kamikazee Pigeon

I've been wanting to go on another "drive" but haven't had any opportunities. Things has been very hectic and busy. But last Thursday, I HAD TO GET OUT OF TOWN!!!!!

A midnight Santa Barbara/Solvang run wasn't going to cut it. I needed a longer run but not a lot of time. I had some friends spending Spring Break in Las Vegas so all I needed was to find a hostage and get out of town (thanks James!).
We left right at 1:00 pm. It was a nice uneventful drive until we "hit" Las Vegas. Coming up to Frank Sinatra Drive a pigeon flies across the freeway. I can only guess that it got caught in the turbulence of the car in front of me because it suddenly flips over crashes onto my hood and bounces off my windshield! I did not see it roll off the back window but I did see the people in the car behind me with surprised looks on their faces and pointing up so I guess the pigeon recovered enough to be able to fly away.
I have to say I found it incredibly funny! I couldn't stop laughing. I mean what are the odds of hitting a pigeon in flight? There was a streak of pigeon dust on the hood
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And a "clean" streak on the windshield where bugs I hit on the trip used to be

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's some more pictures:

James took this one,
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is my new wallpaper

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

After that everything was anticlimatic. But then again, there was the buffet...
The Aladdin Buffet is probably one of the best buffets in Vegas. We were a pretty large party (15 counting all the kids) . The families sure enjoy their crab. I lost count of the number of platters they brought to the table (special order, people were wondering where we keep getting them from). Derrick and Tony has the people behind the counter to steam them.
Wish I James had brought his camera in with him. We spent a little over 2 hours there.

We walked around The Aladdin shops for a bit and then headed back to Los Angeles just before midnight. I was a great drive James kept drifting in and out in the passenger seat, there was no traffic to speak of and I had some tunes. Cleared my head pretty good. People tell me I'm crazy driving around like this, but I find it more relaxing than staying at home sitting in front of the tv. Go figure.
:: posted by Angel, 2:55 PM

2 Love sent:

Just when you thought it was safe to go back to Vegas.
Blogger clowny, at 5:24 PM  
uncle james. that little pervv. lOL
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:03 AM  

Send Love