' the He-Ka-Wi

August 21, 2004

How it all started

It was an hour before midnight. An hour before my 40th birthday. I got in the car and thought I would drive around for a while. I was just wandering around, driving to nowhere in particular and before I knew it, I was northbound on the 15 freeway headed for Vegas. I really thought about turning back (for about 10 seconds). After a while I was in Barstow. I thought about turning back again, but that lasted for another 10 seconds, then another 10. By the time I crossed the stateline, I guess I figured that it was the point of no return.
I spent about 40 minutes in Ceasar's Palace (did very well, too) then drove back home. Since then, I've found myself going for a bunch of "little drives" and finding myself...well, somewhere.
Most times I might have a destination in mind and other times I just go. I wonder where I'll end up next? When I can, I'll try to bring a hostage, co-pilot or someone with the same feeling of wanderlust (get your minds out of the gutter!). If I do all I'll going to say is "get in the car", after that, well....


:: posted by Angel, 11:38 AM

0 Love sent:

Send Love